September 09, 2007

Spinning Babies

Sunday nights are hard. We spend the weekend together, hoping for the Bean to arrive. And then she doesn't. And Jason has to go back in to work and hear "oh, you're here, she didn't have the baby?" 10,000 times over. Then he calls me - one time for every time he hears it, to see if I have anything new to report. Which I don't.

So, tonight (after researching the pig semen thing) I decided to occupy myself by looking into why I would be having all of these contractions for days and then have them repeatedly fizzle out. I found this website: http://spinningbabies.com and discovered that the Bean's position is likely not putting enough pressure on the cervix to cause it to dilate, so the contractions are all for naught.

For the last hour Jason and I have been repositioning her with me on all fours, then using The Abdominal Lift with each contraction to get her to slide backward into the right spot.

I know. We're getting pretty desperate here.

No comments: