January 03, 2008

Maestro, A Little Shower Music Please

O.K. I'm a parent, therefore I've become weird.

This morning I'm in the shower and Storey's in the magnificent Lights, Sounds and Music swing we borrowed from our friend Lisa that buys me about 4 minutes to clean myself, dry and dress each day. Then suddenly, above the sound of water I hear a burst of canned midi music, the kind the swing only makes if someone pulls on a ring that dangles from the top bar. This can only mean that Storey has accomplished a very exciting milestone! I look out, mid-shower, and ta-da! She's did it! All by herself!

Listen people, this is no easy feat. The swing is moving, the ring is swinging, and there's a limit to how much arm and hand control one has as a baby. Her arm to head proportion/ ratio is right up there with that of a T-rex for crying out loud.

Anyways, here's where I become weird: I get so excited as I watch her repeatedly cycle through a variety of midi tunes and lights, I cheer, "Yay!" at her, a floating head popping out from behind yellow plastic curtain. Then, I decide I must have a photo before this amazingness ends! I turn off the water and run half-naked and dripping wet to get the camera and hide outside the bathroom door, snapping photo after photo discretely as to not interupt her extreme genius.

Whatever. I know.
But I called Jason at work and told him, and he was all "Yay!" so at least I'm not alone in my weirdness.

No comments: