February 27, 2008

Winter

As soon as Storey went down for her nap today, I threw on gloves, coat, hat and boots and ventured out to the garage to fetch the shovel. We've been bound in at least a foot of snow. It's bad enough not wanting to go anywhere because of the weather. It's worse feeling like you can't go anywhere, which is how I've felt for the past few days. I hate winter in Ohio. And winter in Ohio, at home, with a baby can equal double or triple the blahs.

Buried under all that snow somewhere was our car... and the path OUT of here. It took me 30 minutes, which was exactly how long she slept (sigh, that is NOT long enough). So, surrendering to our seasonal reality, we both got bundled up and headed out to visit my mom.

Ahhhhh... there. That's the best way to warm up a boring winter Wednesday.

No comments: