March 29, 2007

New digs

Well, I've had two weeks of spring break - but neither of us has been relaxing. The family helped us rip up all the carpeting upstairs and for days now, I've been going up and down two flights of stairs at least 900 times a day to cut flooring or trim or fetch the pencil I left in the basement next to the saw. We're both exausted, but check it out - now the alcove of our bedroom looks like a baby could move in without getting misplaced in a heap of laundry, dog hair or dirt. It was the last of the carpet in the house and I'm really glad now that it's gone.



So tonight, after a big IKEA furniture assembly session, we identified our favorite nursery item:
this excellent LED bird mobile thingy Jason found at the marvelous IKEA. As we stood next to the crib in blue illuminated quiet, he said "I wish I was small again. I want to climb right in there and go to sleep."

Hopefully the bean feels the same way.

2 comments:

howard weiner said...

how is my grand bean doing these days

Anonymous said...

Congratulations cousins and can't wait to meet you cousin baby bean!
Your room looks so peaceful, with the soft light and colors. Just the place to begin a beautiful life with your new seedling!

love, cousin hannah